By choosing the right destination and accommodation you can have an unforgettable family holiday. If you’re travelling with very young children, the journey will often be the most stressful part and can put a dampener on the start of your holiday. Take this into consideration when looking at the destination options, maybe think short-hall for your first family trip!
Prepare Your Holiday Budget:
* Review last year’s costs
* Determine whether last year was on target or are you still paying for it?
* Create expectations and get the family on side
* Make a list to include daily allowances for the kids spending money, food etc.
* Decide how you are going to pay for it and stick to that, use savings not credit cards where possible.
Make sure you have a clear idea of where you want to stay and the kind of itinerary you want. Make your bookings well in advance and confirm them before departure. Make sure you schedule in time for unforeseeable delays or schedule alterations.
Make sure children are welcome at your chosen destination, you don’t want to be stressed out by other holiday makers seeking peace and tranquillity while your kids are dive-bombing the pool!
Types of holiday to consider:
* Beach Holiday
* Camping and holiday parks
* City breaks
* Adventure holidays
* Skiing holidays
* Long haul family holidays
* Self Catering
Wherever you choose to go, be flexible and as relaxed as possible. Weather is unpredictable, transport does get cancelled and schedules can go out the window. The more you go with the flow, the more your kids will too. Enjoy!
Visit www.babytravelshop.ie for more Travel Tips and Products!
From Aisling O’Donoghue at Baby Travel Shop